One under-$10 stock in the biotechnology and drugs complex that's trading very close to triggering a near-term breakout trade is TrovaGene (TROV), a development stage molecular diagnostic company focused on developing and marketing urine-based nucleic acid tests for patient/disease screening and monitoring in the U.S. This stock has been smacked by the sellers so far in 2012, with shares down by over 25%.
If you take a look at the chart for TrovaGene, you'll notice that this stock formed a double-bottom chart pattern back in late August at around $2.11 to $2.09 a share. Following that bottom, shares of TROV have started to soar and move within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. The recent spike which has pushed the stock above $2.70 a share has also moved TROV within range of taking out its 200-day moving average of $2.86 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV