MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: MKTX), the operator of a leading electronic trading platform for U.S. and European high-grade corporate bonds, emerging markets bonds and other fixed income securities, today announced that its ninth annual Charity Trading Day will be held on Wednesday, September 12, 2012. MarketAxess, in partnership with EMTA, will donate all emerging markets transaction revenues from the trading day to emerging markets charities.
“We are pleased to announce our Charity Trading Day for the ninth consecutive year. This event is one of the ways we support the emerging markets community, and we thank our dealer and investor clients for their business. With the opening of our new office in São Paulo earlier this year, we are expanding our emerging markets trading network to better serve our EM clients. With their help in generating donations to these charitable efforts, we hope to make this year’s Charity Trading Day another great success,” said Richard M. McVey, chairman and chief executive officer of MarketAxess.
Each year, charities are selected as beneficiaries by emerging markets industry benefit committees in New York and London. The charities that will benefit from this year's donations include:
- Children of the Andes, which supports aid to street children in Colombia, www.childrenoftheandes.org;
- Children of Peru Foundation, which makes grants to selected not-for-profit organizations to provide better healthcare and education for disadvantaged children in Peru, www.childrenofperu.org;
- Containers 2 Clinics, which provides containerized maternal and child health clinics in Haiti and Namibia to provide long-term, sustainable health service, www.containers2clinics.org;
- Cotlands, which provides support for children affected by the HIV/AIDS pandemic in South Africa, www.cotlands.org;
- Downside Up, which provides support and education for children in Russia with Downs Syndrome, www.downsideup.org;
- Empower, a grant-making foundation which connects the emerging markets community with innovative grassroots organizations enabling young people to lead healthy, productive lives, www.empowerweb.org;
- Health Poverty Action, which provides basic health care to rural communities around the globe, www.healthunlimited.org;
- NESST, which provides financial and capacity-building support to social enterprises in Central Europe and Latin America, www.nesst.org;
- Orphaned Starfish Foundation, which works with orphans and disadvantaged children throughout Latin America and Ethiopia, www.orphanedstarfish.com;
- Shared Interest, which mobilizes resources for South Africa’s economically disenfranchised communities to sustain themselves, www.sharedinterest.org;
- Sri Lanka Care Foundation, which rebuilds and restores homes lost and damaged by the Asian Tsunami, www.srilankacare.org; and
- WorldFund, which promotes education in Latin America, www.worldfund.org.
The total amount of this year’s donations will be announced at the emerging markets debt industry's annual London and New York benefits, which are scheduled for Friday, September 21, 2012, and Thursday, December 6, 2012, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV