Avid ® ( NASDAQ: AVID) today unveiled new research findings that show international broadcasters and media producers are capitalizing on new opportunities to monetize content by making a strategic shift to deliver personalized experiences to their viewers across multiple platforms and devices. The independent survey, conducted in association with Ovum, found that:
- Two-thirds of media organizations are confident about their future, believing that new distribution platforms offer an unprecedented opportunity for business growth.
- Content itself, not just content services, will become increasingly customized, based on profile attributes of the individual viewer and viewing context.
- New business models and the need for operational effectiveness are increasing the demands placed on media asset management and production infrastructure.
“Media organizations worldwide are moving from addressing homogenous audiences to delivering personalized experiences,” said Gary Greenfield, CEO and chairman of Avid. “This change in the relationship between broadcasters and their audiences also forces a change in business models, and places new demands on how compelling, high-quality content is created, managed and delivered. At the forefront of this shift, Avid is delivering solutions today that let our customers capitalize on these new emerging opportunities.”
From Communal Audience to Individual Viewer
For the past 25 years, Avid has been a guiding force in the media industry, leading the development of digital video and audio editing with landmark creative tools like Media Composer® and Pro Tools®. Today, Avid continues to shape the future of the media industry with a new generation of solutions that facilitate the transformation from monolithic, communal experiences to a series of highly individualized experiences particular to each viewer. This evolutionary advance means that in addition to creating stunning programming, media producers need to become just as proficient in managing and distributing content across an unprecedented array of rapidly evolving platforms.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts