Avid ® (NASDAQ: AVID) today announced the new Pro Tools|HD Native Thunderbolt™ interface, delivering the lowest latency and the highest sound quality of any host based audio workstation for Thunderbolt technology equipped CPUs. The Pro Tools|HD Native Thunderbolt interface brings the industry-standard Pro Tools® HD toolset and premium conversion of Pro Tools HD Series interfaces to a broader group of customers who use a laptop or other computer with Thunderbolt technology, at a great value.
With its elegantly implemented Thunderbolt connectivity, the Pro Tools|HD Native Thunderbolt interface gives producers, engineers, and mixers the incredible sound quality, low latency, and sheer power of the award-winning Pro Tools|HD Native system in a mobile-based hardware solution, while connecting with Pro Tools HD Series interfaces (such as HD OMNI and HD I/O) for capturing and monitoring audio with pristine clarity. In addition, customers can conveniently monitor mixes using the interface’s built-in audiophile-grade headphone output, which is powerful enough to drive headphones with high impedance loads.
Pro Tools|HD Native enables customer to:
- Harness the power of your desktop or laptop computer with choice of Thunderbolt interface or PCIe card
- Attain the highest performance and lowest latency of any native DAW
- Achieve pristine audio clarity with Pro Tools HD Series interfaces
- Get the advanced tools and workflows of Pro Tools HD 10 software
- Monitor every mix detail with the built in audiophile-grade headphone output
“Pro Tools|HD Native makes it easy for professionals to get top quality sound and performance in an affordable, host-based solution,” says Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of products at Avid. “With Avid’s new solution, pros now can choose from two Pro Tools|HD Native designs: the new Thunderbolt interface for Thunderbolt-equipped laptop and desktop computers, or the original PCIe card.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts