Avid ® ( NASDAQ: AVID) today announced a broad range of newsroom offerings featuring Avid Interplay® Sphere, a cost-effective solution to help journalists write, edit, and produce more and better stories from where they are happening. With Interplay Sphere connectivity, NewsCutter® or Media Composer® software, and a laptop, operations can be conducted for a fraction of the cost of the traditional remote news truck. Avid Interplay Sphere, the industry’s first cloud-enabled center of distributed news production, is now available for shipment.
Key Interplay Sphere features include:
- Easy, two-way access/connection — Enables editors or journalists in the field to securely edit complete stories from any location, collaborate with distributed teams across complex workflows, and easily deliver content to production facilities
- Simplified workflows — Automatically manages the transcode, upload and check-in to any connected Avid Interplay system and allows users to edit directly from any Interplay asset store; pre-defined output processes simplify editing and automatic check-in on the production asset system
- Intelligent media transfers — Speeds the crucial transfer of local media from the field by providing the ability to begin uploading media as a story is being edited, intelligently prioritize media transfer based upon working content, and deliver proxy files ahead of full resolution files
- Extends the newsroom to any location — Working with full featured NewsCutter and Media Composer editors and Interplay Production, Interplay Sphere enables the full spectrum of media creation, workflow management, collaboration and connectivity
“Interplay Sphere opens a new frontier in universal connectivity for news, sports, and video production, letting you craft better stories from where they’re actually happening with a full range of media access and collaborative capabilities,” said Dana Ruzicka, vice president of segment and product marketing at Avid.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts