Gold for December delivery was jumping $23.50 to $1,729.10 an ounce at the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange. The gold price traded as high as $1,731.30 and as low as $1,691.30 an ounce, while the spot price was gaining $29.70, according to Kitco's gold index.
"Bad jobs news is good news for gold as stimulus is apparently the possible outcome next week, with bonds moving up in price with the Euro hitting higher levels it turns out the funds were right," George Gero, precious metals strategist at RBC Wealth Management, wrote in a Friday morning note.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV