Dell's (DELL) board approved the PC maker's first-ever quarterly payout of 8 cents a share, payable on Oct. 22 to shareholders of record on Oct. 1. Shares added 1.1%.
The aforementioned Apple was in the news as well. The iPhone maker is reportedly in talks to license music for a custom-radio service similar to the one operated by Pandora Media (P). The Wall Street Journal report sent shares of Pandora down nearly 17%.
Apple was also negatively impacting Audience Inc (ADNC), whose shares plummeted more than 63% after the company said it now believes Apple is unlikely to use its processor intellectual property in its next generation mobile phone.
Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV