As anticipated, Amazon launched a larger-screen version of the Kindle Fire on Thursday. Whereas the previous Kindle Fire offered a 7-inch display, the large-screen Kindle Fire HD comes with an 8.9-inch display The device, which is available in both Wi-Fi only and 4G LTE versions, comes with 16 Gbytes, 32 Gbytes or 64 Gbytes of on-device storage.
A 7-inch Wi-Fi version of the Kindle Fire HD also made its debut at the launch event in Santa Monica, Calif., offering 16 Gbytes or 32 Gbytes of storage.
Intel (INTC), however, was a big loser on Friday after the chip giant lowered its third-quarter revenue outlook. In a statement, Intel cited "weaker than expected demand in a challenging macroeconomic environment" for its guidance change.The tech bellwether now expects third-quarter sales between $12.9 billion and $13.5 billion, well below its prior forecast of $13.8 billion to $14.8 billion. Intel shares fell 2.97% to $24.35 before market open. The Santa Clara, Calif.-based firm was also the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 5,374,577. Sirius XM (SIRI) was another active premarket Nasdaq stock on share volume of 341,285, although shares were flat at $2.54. Facebook (FB) shares, however, crept up 0.05% to $18.97 on share volume of 149,820. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV