- At-a-glance: Of the companies surveyed, 29 percent increased staffing while 20 percent of the companies decreased employee headcounts. 51 percent of the companies surveyed maintained their number of employees.
- Small business sector: The nation's unemployment rate will continue to be a major issue moving into the fourth quarter. Additionally, as the oft-mentioned fiscal cliff approaches, more small business owners may be hesitant to hire new employees in anticipation of a reduction in business demand.
- What-to-watch: As students return to college campuses and the summer travel season wanes, we should expect to see the SBEI turn negative for September before heading higher once more as we approach the holiday shopping season.
CBIZ Small Business Employment Index Rebounds In August
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts