SAN JOSE, Calif.
Sept. 7, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Oclaro, Inc.
(NASDAQ: OCLR), a tier-one provider and innovator of optical communications and laser solutions, today announced that it will be debuting new 100G products and technologies and speaking on several industry panels at the upcoming ECOC Exhibition (in Oclaro stand #444) from
, The Netherlands. As the world's #2 provider of optical components, modules and subsystems, Oclaro maintains one of the broadest and vertically-integrated product lines in the industry and these innovations are helping customers meet the bandwidth demands of new and fast-growing applications such as social networking, video streaming, and cloud computing.
"Oclaro has been able to leverage decades of optical expertise to deliver a complete portfolio of 100G solutions that provide the performance, reliability, small form factor and low power consumption that customers need to deploy and interface with today's high-speed coherent networks," said
, President, Global Business for Oclaro, Inc. "We will be showcasing these innovations, including several new product introductions, at the ECOC show and we look forward to providing these solutions to our customers so they can win the volume 100G deployments planned for 2013."
Oclaro's portfolio of high-speed networking products transmit, receive, switch, and amplify light signals over fiber optic networks to deliver a new range of high speed services for the core optical network and the enterprise and data center markets. As the 100Gbps market continues to heat up, Oclaro customers benefit from being able to work with and rely on one supplier for their key optical components, modules, and subsystems – enabling them to save significant cost and development time and focus on product differentiation.
Oclaro Executives Speaking at ECOC
As recognized authorities in the optical communications market, Oclaro executives will be presenting on several panels during the ECOC show. These include the following:
- Market Focus: Challenges and Solutions for Optical Networks at 100Gbps and Beyond
- Speaker: Yves LeMaitre, Chief Commercial Office for Oclaro
- Location: Market Focus Theatre on the Show Floor, Hall 1
- Date/Time: Tuesday, Sept. 18 th at 2:50 pm
- Workshop: WS07 Low-Cost Open Access to Photonic Integration Technology, 4th European Photonic Integration Forum
- Speaker: Mike Wale, Director Active Products Research for Oclaro
- Presentation title: The Generic Foundry Model in Europe
- Location: Room A
- Time/Date: Sunday, Sept. 16 th at 2:00 pm
- Paper Presentation: Blind Chromatic Dispersion Estimation Using a Spectrum of a Modulus Squared of the Transmitted Signal
- Speaker: Edem Ibragimov, Senior Optical Design Engineer, Oclaro, Inc.
- Paper: Th.2.A.3
- Time/Date: Thursday, Sept. 20 th at 11:30 am
Oclaro, Inc. (NASDAQ: OCLR) is one of the largest providers of lasers and optical components, modules and subsystems for the optical communications, industrial, and consumer laser markets. The company is a global leader dedicated to photonics innovation, with cutting-edge research and development (R&D) and chip fabrication facilities in the U.S., U.K.,
, Korea and
. It has in-house and contract manufacturing sites in
, with design, sales and service organizations in most of the major regions around the world. For more information, visit
Copyright 2012. All rights reserved. Oclaro, the Oclaro logo, and certain other Oclaro trademarks and logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Oclaro, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Information in this release is subject to change without notice.