NEW YORK -- AIG (AIG) said the U.S. Treasury Department is selling $18 billion worth of its common shares to institutional investors.
The sale could decrease the government's holdings below a majority stake for the first time since the rescue of the giant insurer in 2008.
JPMorgan Chase (JPM)directors are considering lower 2012 bonuses for CEO Jamie Dimon and other top executives in the wake of a multbillion-dollar trading scandal, while the board of Citigroup (C) is expected to decide this fall how to fine-tune next year's compensation plan to win broader support among investors, people familiar with the situation told the Journal.
Intel (INTC) shares fell 3.61% on Friday after the chip giant lowered its third-quarter revenue forecast. Intel said Friday it now expects third-quarter sales between $12.9 billion and $13.5 billion, well below its prior forecast of $13.8 billion to $14.8 billion. Intel Lowers Third-Quarter Outlook
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV