To help promote IHOP’s new oatmeal, starting in October, the brand will launch a fun, interactive, socially engaging Facebook app that will live on both the IHOP and Quaker Oats Facebook pages. Fans will be invited to make their own Oatmeal creation, snap a photo and caption their creation (for example, using Super Fruit to create an Oatmeal face) and submit it to either IHOP’s or Quaker Oats’ Facebook page for a chance to win IHOP gift cards.
Also new this fall, IHOP announced plans to expand its under-600-calorie SIMPLE & FIT menu and other more wholesome menu offerings. New SIMPLE & FIT additions will include:
- Super Fruit Oatmeal – A bowl of freshly-made Quaker Oats, lightly sweetened with cinnamon sugar, and topped with a blend of five dried super fruits, including blueberries, cherries, cranberries, raisins and golden raisins. (290 Calories*)
- Super Fruit Oatmeal with Almonds and Walnuts – A bowl of freshly-made Quaker Oats, lightly sweetened with cinnamon sugar, and topped with almonds, walnuts and a blend of five dried super fruits, including blueberries, cherries, cranberries, raisins and golden raisins. (330 calories*)
- Banana and Brown Sugar Oatmeal – A bowl of freshly made Quaker Oats topped with fresh banana slices and served with brown sugar and milk. (260 calories*)
- Whole Wheat Pancakes Combo – Two Whole Wheat Pancakes topped with lightly sweetened blueberries and powdered sugar served with egg substitute and two strips of turkey bacon. (460 calories*)
- Kid’s Whole Wheat Pancake Combo – One Whole Wheat Pancake topped with lightly sweetened blueberries and powdered sugar served with egg substitute and one strip of turkey bacon. (260 calories*)
- Whole Wheat Waffle Combo – A Whole Wheat Waffle topped with lightly sweetened blueberries and powdered sugar served with egg substitute and two strips of turkey bacon (510 calories*)
- Whole Wheat Crepe – One Whole Wheat Crepe filled with sweet cream cheese and topped with lightly sweetened blueberries and powdered sugar.(380 calories*)
IHOP has been expanding its smarter options continually for more than seven years. The company launched its SIMPLE & FIT (under 600 calorie) menu selections in 2010, before the U.S. government mandated menu-labeling 1. IHOP’s menus offer tips on how to enjoy lower calorie versions of IHOP classics and detailed nutritional information is available at www.ihop.com.
The new Quaker Oatmeal varieties hit the IHOP menu just in time for Whole Grains Month. A growing body of science has linked whole grain oats to a variety of benefits from heart health to digestive health. In addition, oats can help address the whole grain deficit in the American diet. The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend at least half of the grains consumed are whole grains, but many people are still not eating enough each day. For more information about Quaker and the benefits of eating oats, visit www.quakeroats.com.* Variations in ingredients and preparation, as well as substitutions, will increase or decrease stated calories. Stated calories are approximate. Caloric values obtained by laboratory testing may be different.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV