Brooks Automation Inc. Stock Downgraded (BRKS)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- BRKS has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, BRKS has a quick ratio of 2.39, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 36.90% is the gross profit margin for BROOKS AUTOMATION INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, BRKS's net profit margin of 5.70% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $10.88 million or 61.56% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, BROOKS AUTOMATION INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge! Free download now
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts