AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands, Sept. 7, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- IBC -- Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI), driving digital entertainment innovation, will demonstrate its industry leading technologies for the discovery, delivery, display and monetization of digital entertainment at IBC 2012. Continuing to expand its breadth of products for Europe, Rovi's presence at IBC 2012 will focus around technologies developed to help content producers, network operators, service providers and other entertainment professionals create intuitive, personal, and quality entertainment experiences for consumers.
Rovi will showcase at its booth (Hall 5, Stand 5.A31) solutions that help innovative companies expand their products and services across a range of devices, and bring the enjoyment of digital entertainment to consumers on multiple screens.
- Rovi Discovery solutions:
- The planned global expansion of Rovi Video – data on TV, movies and celebrities - to include Russia, Portugal and Brazil
- Further enhancements to Rovi guidance technologies such as search, recommendations and speech recognition
- Rovi Cloud Services for IPTV and hybrid device deployments
- Rovi Delivery and Display solutions:
- Rovi Entertainment Store launched on a range of new platforms and devices offering consumers more ways to purchase, rent and enjoy film and TV entertainment.
- MainConcept SDKs, featuring a new codec SDK for the H.265/HEVC standard that reduces bandwidth requirements by up to 50%
- Expanded TotalCode encoding suite, including support for UltraViolet, Blu-ray 3D and a DVD-to-digital conversion workflow
- Rovi Advertising solutions:
- The Rovi Advertising Network enables marketers to deliver highly scalable, measurable, and interactive campaigns on connected TV devices, allowing brands and advertisers to reach TV viewers at a point of high receptivity - intersecting their quest to find their next content to view.
In addition, Rovi is working with industry pioneers such as Ocean Blue Software on plans to provide their joint customers with a fully integrated solution for TV and set-top box products. The proposed integrated solution will enable customers to quickly and easily launch new entertainment products with advanced content discovery features and playback of broadcast and broadband services. Rovi's CE-HTML-based TotalGuide will be integrated onto the Ocean Blue platform that comprises the Ocean Blue Sunrise Software (DVB & MHEG stack) and additionally web browser and media player components. Ocean Blue Software is a developer of market leading software solutions for the EMEA digital TV markets. The Ocean Blue solutions are embedded into a range of consumer devices such as integrated digital TVs (iDTVs) and set top boxes.Rovi will be speaking on two panels at the show focused on expanding opportunities to monetize digital entertainment:
- Paul Stathacopoulos, SVP of strategy at Rovi, will participate in the session, "Whose Rights? Unlocking Value from Content Sales In The Digital Supply Chain" on Friday, September 7 at 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in Room E102.
- Gerald Hensley, VP, worldwide entertainment sales will participate in the session, "Delivering the Devices - How Live Content is Making its Way to All Your Devices" on Saturday, September 8 at 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. in Room G102-103.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV