Today's call contains time-sensitive information that is accurate only as of this time, and we assume no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained herein. Our actual results could differ materially from our statements today.
Now I will turn the call over to our President and CEO, James Debney.
Good afternoon. Thank you for joining us and for your interest in our company. With me on the call today is Jeff Buchanan, our Chief Financial Officer, who later on will provide a recap of our financial performance and an updated outlook.Today we are very pleased to report that we delivered yet another strong quarter, one that clearly demonstrates the results of our focus on and our commitment to our core firearms business. With a strong consumer market for firearms and a solid portfolio of both established and newer product all aligned to consumer preferences, our team made great progress on executing several key strategic and operational initiatives. In the process, we delivered results that again set a number of new records for company performance. With that, let me provide some of the highlights from our first quarter.We again delivered record sales, another quarter in which our operations team did an excellent job accelerating our planned increases in manufacturing capacity, and working closely with our suppliers to enable them to ramp up to higher volumes. All of our combined operational activities contributed to record profitability, as reflected in net income and record earnings per share from continuing operations.Our newest addition to the M&P family, the M&P Shield, remained in very high demand by both consumers and professionals, and backlog for this product continue to grow. Our overall backlog remained strong at $392 million. We used our cash position in the quarter to purchase some of our bonds in the open market. And lastly, we concluded the sale of our discontinued operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV