And the unique part about this is that we carry everyday life. If you go to our inter-island terminal, you will see the soccer teams, with parent’s and toe, boarding the aircraft, you will see people coming to Honolulu for medical services, you’ll see the ATM repair man throw his tools on board off to another island to fix the ATM machine. This is a lot of our business and this makes it very stable and it’s relatively in elastic demand.
North America represents just under half of our business. We have outstanding brand recognition. We have 11 gateways with the addition of JFK back in June. And we do see growth opportunities in North America. Canada for instance more on the East Coast might be of interest as well.
The third segment is international, and this is approaching 30% of our business. It is the engine of growth and diversification which is an important part of our strategy. In the coming – fourth quarter, we will add two cities, Sapporo and Japan, which will be our fourth city in Japan. Brisbane, Australia, our second city in Australia and Auckland, New Zealand, which will be our first to that country.
So, I’d like to show you how this international growth has kind of reshaped the airline. On the left, this pie is in 2007, you can see, in the blue, North America is almost 70% of our revenue. Five years later, North America represents under half but 47%. You can see Neighbor Island is fairly stable. And international makes up the difference at 26, I’m sorry, 27%. So, our strategy has reshaped the airline. We’re bigger and we’re more diverse.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV