Chemtura Organometallics GmbH, a subsidiary of U.S.-based Chemtura Corporation (NYSE and Euronext Paris: CHMT), announces the startup of its world-scale expansion project for AXION ® MAO (methylaluminoxane) at its Bergkamen, Germany manufacturing facility.
“This is another important milestone in executing Chemtura Organometallics’ growth strategy by servicing our customers with essential polymerization co-catalysts,” said Dr. Ulrich Stewen, general manager of Chemtura and president of Chemtura Organometallics. The additional AXION ® MAO manufacturing capacity came on-stream in July, as scheduled.
“This expansion, as well as the ongoing enhancements of our global supply chain capabilities, will further increase the security of supply for our customers’ high-growth engineered-polymer projects,” Dr. Stewen said. “The AXION ® MAO expansion is fully backwards integrated based on our onsite trimethylaluminum (TMA) production. This critical TMA feedstock, as well as our container fleet, are continuously being adjusted to satisfy the growing market demand.”
A constant and reliable quality is essential for the performance of MAO used as a co-catalyst in single-site catalyst technologies. The expanded AXION ® MAO production is an exact replication of Chemtura’s well-established engineering and process technology. This enables Chemtura Organometallics to continue to deliver the same, consistently high-quality, tailor-made AXION ® MAO grades as specified and proven in the customer processes.Chemtura Corporation and its subsidiaries, with 2011 sales of $3 billion, together are a global manufacturer and marketer of specialty chemicals, agrochemicals, and pool, spa and home care products. Additional information concerning Chemtura is available at www.chemtura.com. Information about the Organometallics business is available at www.chemtura.com/organometallics
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV