SILVER SPRING, Md., Sept. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- For the third consecutive year, Econo Lodge and Rodeway Inn franchisees are giving back to the community by helping to rehabilitate old buildings for use by deserving non-profit organizations. And they've left the selection process entirely up to website visitors.
This effort, dubbed the Rebuilding Dreams Project, is in collaboration with Rebuilding Together, the signature cause of Choice Hotels International (NYSE: CHH), the franchisor of Econo Lodge and Rodeway Inn branded hotels. Rebuilding Together is the largest non-profit organization in the country that focuses on preserving affordable housing and rehabilitating the homes of low-income homeowners and non-profits nationwide.
"True hospitality should extend far past the front doors of our hotels, into the communities where we live and work," said Stephen P. Joyce, president and chief executive officer for Choice Hotels International. "Our involvement with Rebuilding Together at this event is reflective of the work we've been able to accomplish with our larger commitment with them in giving back to help families in need across the country."
Four organizations represented by
Rebuilding Together affiliates from all over
the United States are now left as finalists for the
$20,000 grant. The group that receives the most votes will have its facility repaired and renovated on
October 25, 2012 as part of national "Make a Difference Day." Voters can read each group's story and situation then vote at:
For taking part in the selection process, voters may also enter a sweepstakes for the chance to win a travel package to pitch in on the Rebuilding Dreams Project. The package will include airfare for two, participation on the project, hotel accommodations for two nights and $500 spending money.
- Rebuilding Together Broward County will renovate Helping Abused Neglected Disadvantaged Youth (HANDY). HANDY is a local nonprofit organization that caters to abused, neglected and disadvantaged youth. They serve more than 1,300 children a year ranging in age from birth to 23 years.
- Rebuilding Together Greater Milwaukee has partnered with Urban Underground. Urban Underground, a non-profit 501c3 organization founded in 2000, works to promote a new generation of young leaders committed to building safe and sustainable communities.
- Rebuilding Together Nashville is working with C.E. McGruder Family Resource Center for their project site. McGruder FRC is a collaborative effort between Matthew Walker Comprehensive Health Center, United Way, and Metro Nashville Public Schools. The partners of McGruder FRC are committed to ensuring that families, children, and seniors are safe. Most of their services are offered at no cost and open to the public.
- Rebuilding Together Sacramento will renovate the Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services. The Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) is a local, non-profit agency committed to serving individuals and families in need. SFBFS provides free emergency goods and services to nearly 20,000 unduplicated men, women and children each month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV