RLJ Lodging Trust (the “Company”) (NYSE: RLJ) today announced that Hilton Worldwide (“Hilton”) selected the Company as a winner of the “2011 Best Conversion” awards for the Embassy Suites Hotels and Hilton Garden Inn brands.
“We value our long-standing relationship with Hilton and we are honored to be the recipient of these awards,” said Thomas J. Baltimore, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer. “Hilton’s support throughout the conversion process enabled us to successfully complete three transformational and complex renovations. These renovations are an example of our commitment to partner with leading brands and to own high-quality institutional hotels.”
The Company’s Senior Vice President of Design and Construction, Carl Mayfield, and his in-house team of professionals leveraged their vast experience and developed creative and innovative solutions to address the requirements of the three conversions recognized by Hilton.
In total, approximately $24 million was spent to convert the three hotels. The Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place and the Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh/Durham Research Triangle Park were both converted from Wyndham branded hotels, and the Embassy Suites West Palm Beach-Central was converted from a Crowne Plaza.The conversions were part of the Company’s 2011 capital improvement plan, which was largely focused on upgrading and/or repositioning 24 hotels acquired in 2010 and 2011. About Us RLJ Lodging Trust is a self-advised, publicly-traded real estate investment trust focused on acquiring premium-branded, focused-service and compact full-service hotels. The Company’s portfolio consists of 144 hotels in 20 states and the District of Columbia, with more than 21,300 rooms. Additional information may be found on the Company’s website at http://rljlodgingtrust.com. For additional information or to receive press releases via email, please visit our website: http://rljlodgingtrust.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV