BATTLE CREEK, Mich., Sept. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Kellogg continues long-standing commitment to fiber, support new research at International Congress of Dietetics.
- Research continues to confirm breakfast cereals contribute to nutrient intake, help maintain healthy weight & increase fiber consumption.
- Kellogg offers more U.S. cereals with at least a good source of fiber and 8 grams of whole grains than any other U.S. food company.
- Kellogg launches www.KelloggsNutrition.com, a go-to resource on fiber research and more for healthcare professionals around the world.
Kellogg Company continues to foster the global scientific dialogue on the fiber deficiency in children at the 16 th International Congress of Dietetics (ICD) in Sydney, Australia. Furthering the company's long-standing commitment to fiber, Kellogg is sponsoring breakfast symposia, speakers and poster presentations.
Research shows that fiber is an important nutrient beneficial to help maintain healthy weight, support digestive health and support heart health, yet children across the globe are not getting enough in their diets. In the U.S., fewer than one in ten adults and children get the fiber they need and the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans identified fiber as one of four nutrients of concern that Americans need more of in their diets."We know that children are not getting enough fiber, which is critical for digestive health," said Christine Lowry, vice president, Global Nutrition Marketing, Kellogg Company. "By elevating the discussion globally and through new research and innovations, we remain committed to finding ways to help children get this important nutrient through the foods they already love." Kellogg's sponsored presentations at ICD include:
- Are our children roughing it? Are they getting enough fiber? – Discussing the high incidence of occasional constipation and digestive upset in children and preliminary results of a study on children and digestive health;
- Just how evidence-based are our sugar and whole grain recommendations? – Highlighting the importance of cereal fiber and addressed misperceptions around sugar content;
- The Emerging Benefits of Cereal Fiber – Showcasing emerging science on the health benefits of cereal fiber and addressed confusion between whole grain and fiber levels; and
- A study on the positive impact of cereal breakfast consumption on nutrient intakes of Canadian adults and children.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV