- SunTrust accelerated the termination of the agreements regarding the shares owned in The Coca-Cola Company. This will generate a third quarter pre-tax gain of approximately $1.9 billion.
- In light of ongoing discussions with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the Company expects to record an estimated $375 million mortgage repurchase provision during the quarter. This action increases the mortgage repurchase reserve to a level that is expected to be sufficient to cover the remaining demands on loans sold to the Government Sponsored Enterprises ("GSEs") prior to 2009. This is the population of loans from which the Company has experienced the preponderance of mortgage repurchase losses to date.
- SunTrust intends to transfer approximately $3 billion of loans to loans held for sale. The loans include nonperforming mortgage loans, nonperforming commercial real estate ("CRE") loans, delinquent Ginnie Mae loans, and delinquent and current student loans. In connection with the transfer, SunTrust expects to record pre-tax charges of approximately $250 million, reflective of market valuation adjustments.
- SunTrust also intends to sell approximately $200 million of affordable housing investments. As a result, the Company expects to incur a pre-tax loss of approximately $100 million.
SunTrust Announces Actions That Improve Risk Profile And Strengthen Balance Sheet
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.