- Cedar will acquire RioCan's 80% ownership interest in Franklin Village located in Franklin Massachusetts for approximately $60.1 million including the assumption of the related in-place mortgage financing of $34.7 million.
- Cedar will sell its 20% ownership interest in the remaining twenty-one joint venture properties for approximately $119.5 million including the assumption of related in-place mortgage financings of $54.4 million.
- Valuation of all properties is based upon a 6.5% capitalization rate.
- Cedar will receive approximately $39.0 million of cash as well as a distribution of the Company's share of working capital in the joint venture.
- Cedar intends to use the cash proceeds to repay mortgage obligations with a weighted-average interest rate of 6.5% that are pre-payable during the fourth quarter of 2012 and the first quarter of 2013.
- Cedar will continue to manage the properties acquired by RioCan and receive management related fees, subject to a one-year management agreement terminable by RioCan on 90 days notice.
- Cedar is implementing over the next twelve months cost reduction measures, consisting primarily of employee headcount reductions and third party vendor cost savings aggregating between $2.0 and $2.5 million per year.
Cedar Realty Trust Exits Joint Venture With RioCan
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.