First fiscal quarter of 2013 highlights include:
- Revenue for the first quarter increased by 61% year-over-year to $35.7 million
- Number of active enterprise clients totaled 1,076 at the end of the period
- Bazaarvoice completed its acquisition of PowerReviews, Inc. on June 12, 2012
- Bazaarvoice completed its follow-on offering on July 23, 2012
AUSTIN, Texas, Sept. 6, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bazaarvoice, Inc. (Nasdaq:BV), a leading social software company, reported its financial results for the first fiscal quarter of 2013 ended July 31, 2012:
- Revenue for the first quarter was $35.7 million, an increase of 61%, as compared to $22.1 million for the first quarter of 2012.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the first quarter was a loss of $2.8 million, compared to a loss of $3.3 million for the first quarter of 2012.
- GAAP net loss for the first quarter was $18.5 million, which included one-time expenses related to the acquisition of PowerReviews of $9.8 million of stock-based expense and $1.4 million of acquisition related expense, compared to a GAAP net loss of $5.5 million for the first quarter of 2012. Non-GAAP net loss for the first quarter was $4.1 million, compared to a non-GAAP net loss of $4.0 million for the first quarter of 2012.
- GAAP net loss per share for the first quarter was $0.30, compared to a GAAP net loss per share for the first quarter of 2012 of $0.29. Non-GAAP net loss per share for the first quarter was $0.07, as compared to a non-GAAP net loss per share for the first quarter of 2012 of $0.09.
"The first quarter represented a strong beginning to fiscal 2013," stated Brett Hurt, founder and CEO of Bazaarvoice. "Not only did we complete the operational integration of our acquisition of PowerReviews and execute a successful follow-on equity offering, our financial and operational results continued to demonstrate strong performance."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV