Gross margin was 49.5% of net revenues compared with 50.7% in the prior year period, primarily driven by lower gross margins in Europe due to higher levels of discounting and unfavorable currency exchange rate comparisons.
SG&A increased to $225.8 million compared with $221.2 million, up 10 basis points as a percentage of sales, primarily driven by $3.9 million of costs associated with staff eliminations and restructuring.
Pro-forma Adjusted EBITDA was $51.2 million compared with $52.7 million, with the decline largely driven by the contraction in gross margin mentioned above.
Net income was $12.6 million, or $0.07 per diluted share, compared with net income of $10.4 million, or $0.06 per diluted share.Pro-forma income, which excludes $3.8 million of net after-tax restructuring charges and asset impairments, was $16.4 million, or $0.09 per diluted share, compared with pro-forma income of $10.4 million, or $0.06 per diluted share. Fiscal 2012 Q3 Revenue Highlights: Revenues increased (in constant currency) across all three brands, all three regions, and all three distribution channels compared with the third quarter of fiscal 2011. Strong revenue growth continued in the company’s emerging markets, including Brazil, Russia and Indonesia. Brands (constant currency):
- Quiksilver was up 3.5% to $193.5 million;
- Roxy increased 4.6% to $131.8 million; and,
- DC was up 15.5% to $168.2 million.
- Wholesale business was up 4.5% to $370.0 million;
- Retail was up 6.8% to $119.3 million. Third quarter same store sales in company-owned retail stores grew 4.0% on a global basis; and,
- E-commerce was up 180.2% to $23.2 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV