TORONTO/ NEW YORK, Sept. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) CEO, Gerry McCaughey, was named one of the 50 most influential leaders in the world for 2012 by Bloomberg Markets Magazine.
The 2012 Most Influential 50 were grouped into five areas -- Corporate Power Brokers, Money Managers, Policy Makers, Thinkers and Bankers. Mr. McCaughey was selected in the Bankers category and is the first Canadian to ever be named to Bloomberg's annual ranking.
The 2012 Most Influential 50 also includes: Ben Bernanke, Chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve; Timothy Geithner, Secretary of the U.S. Treasury; Paul Ryan, Chairman of the U.S. House Finance Committee, Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway Inc.; Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook Inc.; Tim Cook, CEO of Apple Inc.; and Zhou Xiaochuan, Governor of People's Bank of China.
Mr. McCaughey will also be a featured speaker at the second annual Bloomberg Markets 50 Summit to be held in New York on September 13.The selection of Mr. McCaughey as one of the world's 50 Most Influential leaders follows Bloomberg Markets Magazine's naming of CIBC as the strongest bank in Canada and North America and the third strongest bank in the world by Bloomberg Markets magazine. In addition to these recognitions, CIBC has been awarded:
- Best in Mobile Banking globally by Global Finance magazine;
- Best Commercial Bank in Canada by World Finance magazine
- Deal of the Year Award for its equity investment in American Century at the recent Mutual Fund Industry Awards held in New York;
- One of Canada's Best Workplaces by the Great Place to Work Institute;
- One of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures by Waterstone Human Capital; and
- One of Canada's Best Diversity Employers and a Best Employer for New Canadians as ranked by Mediacorp Canada Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts