NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- "Take the money and run" is a concept that has gained currency in popular culture.
There's the famous Woody Allen movie, no less than seven books bearing the title and the Steve Miller Band 1970s hit, all with the same name.
It's darn good advice, especially as investors face the dawning of the fourth quarter.
Remember, year over year the
S&P 500 has now risen nearly 20% in the past 12 months, and is up over 11% year to date. At the beginning of 2012,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV