Keen to claw tablet share from Apple's (AAPL) popular iPad, Amazon unveiled its Kindle Fire HD family. As anticipated, Amazon launched a larger-screen version of the Kindle Fire. Whereas the previous Kindle Fire offered a 7-inch display, the large-screen Kindle Fire HD comes with an 8.9-inch display The device, which is available in both Wi-Fi only and 4G LTE versions, comes with 16 Gbytes, 32 Gbytes or 64 Gbytes of on-device storage.
A 7-inch Wi-Fi version of the Kindle Fire HD also made its debut on Thursday, offering 16 Gbytes or 32 Gbytes of storage.Amazon also unveiled its Kindle Paperwhite, which it's touting as "the most advanced e-reader ever constructed." The Kindle Paperwhite comes with a built-in front light for reading in all lighting conditions, and up to 8 weeks of battery life. The company also introduced the Kindle Paperwhite 3G. Read on for more details of Amazon's announcement. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in Santa Monica, Calif. and James Rogers in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV