NEW YORK (ETF Expert) -- Chairman Ben Bernanke hinted than the U.S. Federal Reserve is still leaning towards additional easing, either through bond purchases or an extension of low rates into 2015. (Tell us something that we didn't already know.)
Yet, the Fed does not appear poised to act in September or October. Indeed, with the Fed unlikely to provide clarity until after the presidential election, stock exchange-traded funds may see volatile back-and-forth movement in the weeks ahead.
In contrast, high-income ETFs are having the time of their lives. Virtually every asset with impressive yield spreads over comparable treasury bonds hit a new 52-week high as of Aug. 31.
Here are some of the high-income ETFs that hit new highs and the percentage of growth for August:
ETRACS Business Development Company Index Note (BDCS), 4.8%
iShares FTSE NAREIT Mortgage REITS (REM), 2.1%
iShares S&P Preferred (PFF), 1.4%
SPDR Barclays High Yield Bond (JNK), 1.3%
iShares iBoxx High Yield Corporate (HYG), 1.1%
iShares JPM Emerging Market Bond (EMB), 0.8%
Guggenheim Bulletshares 2014 High Yield (BSJE), 0.7%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV