Cramer Quick Take: Dell Is a Dead Stock
Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Thursday that the answer to that question is, largely, yes.
Cramer said Dell is part of the overall death of the traditional PC. He said many of the tasks once done on a personal computer are now being done on our phones and tablets, meaning we simply need fewer PCs. Just as the market transitioned from mainframes to PCs, its now moving from PCs to mobile.Cramer noted that Intel (INTC) saw its numbers cut and hard-drive maker Seagate (STX) was received a downgrade, a signal the entire sector is on the decline. Speculate if you must, said Cramer, but without significant gains in market share, Dell will be dead money. Watch the full Cramer interview here. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV