Cramer Quick Take: Draghi Needs a Growth Plan
Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- What does Europe really need to get out of its debt woes? Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com that the answer is simple. Growth.
Cramer said the European Central Bank's decision to buy bonds of ailing countries will help in the short run, but over the long term, what the continent needs most is growth. If these countries keep buying products and services, everyone wins. Without growth however, things will continue to drag on towards depression.
And how can Europe spur growth? That too is simple, said Cramer, slash interest rates or loosen up the carbon tax. Either of those, he said, would immediately spur economic activity.
Watch the full Cramer interview here.--Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV