Sept. 6, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Zillow, Inc. (NASDAQ:Z), the leading real estate information marketplace, today announced the launch of the Zillow® Rentals for iPhone
App, the company's first dedicated rental shopping app for iPhone and iPod touch®.
The Zillow Rentals App is designed specifically for renters, instantly notifying shoppers when new rentals matching their saved search criteria hit the market and helping users keep track of the properties they've viewed and contacted. Launched on Android™ earlier this year, the Zillow Rentals App is the only dedicated rental app that allows users to:
- Access rental listings and data not found elsewhere, such as single family home listings, and Rent Zestimates® – Zillow's estimated rent prices on more than 100 million U.S. homes and apartments.
- Compare and contrast favorite homes on a side-by-side list.
- Draw one or more boundaries around neighborhoods to customize and save a search by geography.
Additional features include:
- See what's in the neighborhood, including grocery stores, coffee shops, schools, parks, gas stations and more.
- GPS and voice search capabilities to quickly search rental listings in an area.
- Color-coded results organized by time on the market, so shoppers know which homes are new to the market and which have already been viewed.
- The ability to instantly contact landlords or property managers by phone or email, and keep track of these contacts.
"As rents rise in many parts of the country, local rental markets are becoming increasingly competitive, creating a demand for renters to have instant access to tools that can help them track the newest listings and contact landlords anytime, anywhere," said
, vice president of consumer marketing and mobile at Zillow. "We're experiencing this demand firsthand, with more than 6 million renters shopping on Zillow in July alone."
Zillow provides a comprehensive set of mobile tools for renters and rental professionals, now featuring five rental apps, including Zillow Rentals for Android and iPhone, and Zillow's RentJuice® Android, iPhone, and iPad® apps for landlords and property managers. Zillow operates a total of 14 separate apps, the most popular suite of mobile real estate apps across all major platforms. More than half of all homes viewed on Zillow are now viewed from a mobile device.