SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 6, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Zynga, (Nasdaq:ZNGA), the world's leading provider of social game services, today announced the global launch of Gems With Friends, a next-generation mobile social game for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch that incorporates fun and fast-paced arcade elements, making it a brain teaser that will propel players to think and act fast. Gems With Friends is the sixth title in the growing With Friends franchise, which includes features players know and love such as in-game chat, board game style layout and easy to learn, yet hard to master gameplay.
Since 2009, the With Friends franchise of games has captured players' imaginations by offering fun and meaningful mobile game experiences ranging from new twists on classic favorites such as Words With Friends and Hanging With Friends to brand new games such as Matching With Friends and now Gems With Friends. All With Friends games encourage players to take a break and connect with their friends wherever they are – whether at home or on-the-go.
Today – at any given time – approximately 53 million With Friends games are being played, and approximately six million chat messages are sent per day. Additionally, Zynga recently polled 35 thousand With Friends players and an amazing 38 percent said that they watch TV less because they play With Friends games."We are always looking for innovative ways to expand the With Friends franchise and create brand new games that people love to play," said Travis Boatman, Senior Vice President of Mobile at Zynga. "When players pick up a With Friends game they can expect the signature features, but we will continue to keep them guessing with new genres and mechanics as we expand the franchise." Gems With Friends challenges players to out strategize their opponent by combining gems to score the most points. Each game consists of three rounds of game-play at two minutes a round, where players drag and drop gem-shaped pieces (as fast as they can!) to achieve the higher score. Shiny new features include:
- Race to the Finish: With just two minutes per round and three rounds per game, Gems With Friends players must combine gems at lightning speed in order to score points and beat their opponent.
- Hidden Treasures: Players receive one free Power Gem before the start of each game, which they can use as a wild card to combine any two similar gems and unlock special effects.
- Doesn't Matter How You Say 'Gem': Because Gems With Friends uses numbered gems, it can be enjoyed by everyone, everywhere. So, whether it's a gem, joya, or gemme, everyone will be talking about the newest With Friends sensation!
- Gems are Truly Outrageous: Don't be fooled by the pretty colors, Gems With Friends is the first arcade-style game in the franchise, requiring players to think fast and strategically at the same time.
- Stay Connected: Favorite social features like in-game chat and Facebook log-in allow players to connect with friends and opponents wherever, whenever.
CONTACT: Michelle Kramer firstname.lastname@example.org 415-519-6645
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.