Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK), the world’s highest attended motion picture exhibitor, today announced plans to construct a 17-screen, all-digital movie theatre that will feature the company’s new Cinemark NextGen design concept in the Christiana Mall development in the Newark/Wilmington area. The theatre will be located adjacent to the extremely popular shopping center on Stanton Christiana Road, off of Interstate 95. Christiana Mall, the largest mall in Delaware, is owned and managed by General Growth Properties, Inc.
Long recognized as a pioneer in the theatrical exhibition industry, Cinemark is taking the cinema entertainment experience to the next level. The new Cinemark NextGen theatre will offer the latest technology, cutting edge amenities and customer-preferred options all under one roof. NextGen amenities will include:
- State-of-the-art viewing environment with wall-to-wall, ceiling-to-floor screens available in all auditoriums.
- 4K digital projection powered by Barco projectors; RealD 3D capability
- Enhanced, sound systems that will enable customers to hear the movie as the filmmakers intended.
- Cinemark’s innovative self-serve concession stand – offering freshly-popped popcorn, Coca-Cola fountain beverages and favorite candy brands
- Cinemark XD: Extreme Digital Cinema auditorium
Information about Cinemark XD:Extreme Digital Cinema auditoriums:
Cinemark will be bringing their exclusive large screen format, Cinemark XD Extreme Digital Cinema, auditorium to the market. Cinemark XD is a complete entertainment environment featuring a large wall-to-wall and ceiling-to-floor screen, plush seating and a custom digital surround sound system featuring the latest in sound technology. The digital images will be delivered by a Doremi server and a Barco DLP digital projector, which offers the brightest light standards in the industry. The XD auditorium will exhibit the newest movies every week, including 2D and Real D-3D pictures.“We are thrilled to introduce our new Cinemark NextGen movie theatre experience to guests who live in Newark, Wilmington and all communities around the Christiana Mall,” states Tim Warner, Cinemark’s Chief Executive Officer. “This theatre promises to be one of the premier developments in Delaware and will quickly become recognized as the preferred place in the market to enjoy a great movie-going experience. We plan to move very quickly to open the theatre in the spring of 2014.” "Cinemark is the perfect complement to our center," says Christiana Mall Senior General Manager Steve Chambliss. "When it opens, Cinemark will be the highest quality, most state-of-the-art movie theatre in the area. Not only will our visitors be treated to the best shopping and dining options, they will also be able to catch the latest Hollywood blockbusters."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV