Colgate-Palmolive announced today that its agency partners — Y&R, MEC, VML, Wunderman and GHG — are joining forces to create a single, dedicated operating unit. The unit will be known as Red Fuse Communications. The objective is to fully integrate all communications, to engage with consumers in real time across all touch-points and to drive efficiencies.
The current agencies — all WPP companies and long-standing partners with Colgate (Y&R and MEC have worked with C-P for 28 years, VML for more than 15) — will continue to be accountable for the quality of services provided by Red Fuse and the success of its campaigns.
In 2012, Red Fuse will co-locate the existing agency teams in New York, Paris, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Kansas City and Prague. The intent is to expand and cover all geographies by mid-2013.
Nigel Burton, Colgate’s CMO said, “It goes without saying that we already have a close-knit partnership with our agencies. But we are excited about Red Fuse because we believe that co-locating all the partners will lead to bigger ideas and better work created and executed smarter and faster.”Jack Haber, VP Global Advertising and Digital, said, “The move to Red Fuse will allow us to focus more of our agency resources on strategy and creative. At the same time, we will be able to invest in the new areas of expertise that are now required for our campaigns to delight our consumers.” Steve Forcione, the current WPP Global Managing Partner in charge of the Colgate account, will take on the additional responsibility of CEO for Red Fuse. He added, “WPP is merging resources from across its premiere networks into one fully dedicated and exclusive team to help Colgate win on the ground. The many excellent people who work on the account around the world are eager to move to the Red Fuse structure, so they can develop big, innovative campaigns in real time.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV