Jura Whisky Celebrates Its Roots With 'Finding Superstition' Sweepstakes
NORTH MIAMI, Fla., Sept. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- From a land steeped in superstitions and lore, Jura Whisky is giving its U.S. fans a way to explore some well-known (and not-so-well-known) superstitions for a chance to win a trip to the mystical Isle of Jura in Scotland with its "Finding Superstition" sweepstakes. Jura, an award-winning single malt whisky, invites fans to explore its website and find the "superstitions" hidden within, and in the process, learn a bit about what makes the Isle of Jura such a special place.
Once you register on the Jura website, you simply scan the interactive island landscape, find the 13 superstitions and click on each to reveal a bit of superstitious wisdom. If luck is on your side and you find all the superstitions, you'll be entered for a chance to win a 5-day, 4-night trip for two from the U.S. to experience the Isle of Jura yourself.
"There is a strong spirit and deep beauty to our small island of Jura, and the people here are some of the warmest and most welcoming on the planet. For those fans with a keen-enough eye to spot all the superstitions on our website, we look forward to the chance to welcome you to the island personally and introduce you to some of the special magic that makes the Isle of Jura a treasure to us all," said Willie Cochrane, distillery manager for Jura whisky.
In addition to entering the sweepstakes on the website, entry forms can be found at participating liquor retail stores, as well as on-premise at bars and restaurants that carry Jura whisky. The sweepstakes runs through November 9, and the grand prize winner will be selected at random following the completion of the sweepstakes. Additionally, weekly prize drawing winners will receive Jura merchandise. All details of the contest can be found at www.jurawhisky.com/superstitionUSA. Entrants must be of legal drinking age and must register on the Jura whisky website before entering the competition.The Influence of SuperstitionJura, a tiny isle off the dramatic west coast of Scotland, is an island wrapped in superstition. There's the belief that you should never cut peat before May. There are some who say you should always build haystacks in a clockwise direction. This "Finding Superstition" sweepstakes is meant to celebrate the influence of superstition and the role it plays in making Jura whisky what it is. Even Jura whisky's classic bottlings, known for their distinguished and subtle flavors, are inspired by superstitions and prophecies held close by the people on the Isle of Jura.
- Each bottle of Jura Superstition, a lightly peated whisky crafted from a selection of the finest aged Jura single malt whiskies, sports an Ankh cross. It is believed that pouring from the bottle with the cross in the center of your palm is a ritual that will bring good health and good fortune.
- Jura Prophecy is inspired by the prophecy of the one-eyed Campbell, the last of an island family whose fate was foretold by an old wise seer from Jura.
- Origin 10 is the 10-year-old whisky that started the Jura journey, so each bottle carries the traditional Celtic symbol for birth, beginning and the forces of nature.
- The whisky of choice for the people of Jura, Diurachs' Own 16 year old, upholds the name of the island's inhabitants, and each bottle is adorned with the symbol of the Diurachs.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts