Island Insurance, Hawaii's largest locally owned property and casualty insurance company, and Guidewire Software, Inc. (NYSE: GWRE), a provider of core system software to Property/Casualty insurers, today announced that Island Insurance has selected Guidewire PolicyCenter® as its new underwriting and policy administration solution. PolicyCenter will be used initially for Island Insurance’s commercial auto line of business and will eventually be deployed for all of the company’s personal and commercial lines in a phased implementation approach.
Island Insurance was prompted to look for a new underwriting and policy administration system due to its desire to move to a more modern technology platform to support their strategic objectives and to improve operational efficiencies. Specifically, the company wanted to automate several of the manual tasks the previous system required in order to free up its staff and agents to provide quicker, better customer service.
“We selected Guidewire as a partner to help us transform our underwriting and policy administration operations because of its significant industry footprint, implementation methodologies, and the best practices it will bring to Island Insurance that we can leverage across our entire business,” said Jeff Fabry, senior vice president, chief information officer, and chief security officer, Island Insurance. “We are confident that PolicyCenter will help us increase our service levels to both our agents and customers.”
PolicyCenter will enable Island Insurance to:
- Achieve underwriting excellence by providing consistency in underwriting guidelines and business rules;
- Access accurate information that allows for a rapid assessment of applicant risk;
- Increase the ease of doing business for agents and customers;
- Decrease system maintenance costs; and
- Reduce new employee training times through its intuitive interface.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV