NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Seagate (STX) was a big loser in premarket trading on Thursday, tumbling 3.17% to $31.50, after solid state drive developer and rival OCZ (OCZ) cut its second-quarter revenue forecast.
In a statement released on Wednesday, OCZ forecast revenue between $110 and $120 million, compared to its prior range of $130 million to $140 million.
Amazon (AMZN) shares crept up 0.56% to $247.59 in premarket trading on Thursday ahead of the company's major press event in Santa Monica, Calif., later Thursday.
Starting at 1 p.m. EDT, TheStreet will be live-blogging the event, which is expected to mark the debut of a new Kindle Fire.Sirius XM (SIRI) and Facebook (FB) were also gainers, rising 0.6% to $2.53 and 0.75% to $18.72, respectively. Nokia (NOK) shares dipped 1.68% to $2.34 before market open on Thursday as investors continued to digest the company's latest phones. The Finnish handset maker unveiled its first Windows Phone 8 devices, the Lumia 920 and the Lumia 820, at an event in New York on Wednesday. Investors, though, were initially unmoved by the latest additions, pushing Nokia's stock down almost 16% during the day's trading. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV