NEW YORK -- Smith & Wesson (SWHC), the gun maker, posted fiscal first-quarter net income from continuing operations of $18.9 million, or 28 cents a share, on revenue of $136 million, topping the estimates of Wall Street analysts.
The company also lifted its outlook for the fiscal year ending in April 2013, forecasting earnings of 85 cents to 90 cents a share on revenue ranging from $530 million to $540 million.
Dell's (DELL) board approved the PC maker's first-ever quarterly payout of 8 cents a share, payable on Oct. 22 to shareholders of record on Oct. 1.5 Dumb Things Investors Say... Repeatedly
SunTrust Banks (STI) plans to sell sell $1.2 billion of Coca-Cola (KO) stock. SunTrust said it will record a $1.9 billion pretax gain on the sale.
Kroger (KR), the grocery giant, is expected by analysts Friday to post second-quarter profit of 49 cents a share on sales of $21.88 billion. Don't Hate the Company With a P/E Ratio of 300
Lululemon Athletica (LULU) is expected to report Friday quarterly earnings of 31 cents a share on revenue of $282.8 million. Lululemon's results are due before Friday's opening bell.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV