DEERFIELD, Ill., Sept. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Beam Inc. (NYSE: BEAM) and Courvoisier, one of the world's leading cognac houses, announced today the addition of Courvoisier Gold to its portfolio. A first of its kind, Courvoisier Gold is a light and exquisite cognac experience that is crafted with a delicate blend of Moscato wine from the South of France and Courvoisier's signature cognac, and is yet another example of the revolutionary spirit that defines the cognac house.
Courvoisier Gold's light and accessible flavor profile offers consumers a flirty and sophisticated beverage, perfect for any occasion. The spirit features intense notes of Moscato grapes, pear, peach and florals with a touch of orange blossom. When sipped, it is round in the mouth, with notes of honey harmonizing with the rich and complex aromas of the house's signature cognac. The 36-proof liquid is packaged in Courvoisier's iconic Josephine bottle and is best served chilled, on the rocks or mixed in cocktails for a refreshing and approachable taste experience.
The new product is the perfect complement to Courvoisier Rose, which revolutionized the category with its introduction in June 2011, by blending the house's cognac with premium French red wine grapes for a light, refreshing twist on the category. Courvoisier Gold proves that the storied cognac house continues to innovate and push the boundaries of the category to provide consumers with approachable, unique cognac offerings.
"The addition of Courvoisier Gold to our brand portfolio is extremely exciting," said Megan Frank, Director of Courvoisier at Beam Inc. "Moscato is the fastest-growing wine varietal and mixed with cognac, it provides a unique, smooth taste experience. We believe Courvoisier Gold will not only appeal to the many existing fans of our portfolio, but will also give new consumers a reason to try cognac for the first time."Courvoisier Gold
- Is an original blend of Moscato wine from the South of France and signature Courvoisier Cognac.
- Offers a refreshing and approachable taste experience that enables easy drinking for any occasion.
- Has a flavor profile featuring notes of Moscato grapes, pear, peach, florals, and orange blossom for a refreshing and accessible experience.
- Has a lower ABV (18%) than traditional cognac (40%).
- Complements popular sister spirit Courvoisier Rose as a first-to-market blend of Moscato wine and Courvoisier Cognac.