PITTSBURGH, Sept. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Mylan Inc. (Nasdaq: MYL) today announced that it has launched the first ever app of its Generic Brand Reference ® (GBR) Guide, a free reference and educational tool that helps U.S. health care professionals, patients and pharmacy students to quickly identify the generic name for a brand product and vice versa. Earlier in the year, the company made available the 2012 print edition of its GBR in a convenient, pocket-sized format. Like the print edition, the app – for iPhone ®, iPod ® touch and iPad ® * – provides an easy-to-use cross-reference guide for brand and generic product names, and in addition offers clinical support tools, including laboratory reference values, an interactive medical abbreviations converter, and functional calculators for common systems of weights and measures.
Mylan North America President Tony Mauro said: "We are pleased to offer Mylan's 2012 GBR to health care professionals in the U.S., including pharmacists, physicians and nurses, and chain and wholesale buyers. The GBR provides a comprehensive and up-to-date list of the generic and brand names for more than 2,000 separate oral and liquid dosage forms, as well as injectable and transdermal products. Mylan is committed to partnering with health care providers to optimize their time and together expand access to high quality medicine."
Mylan's printed GBR includes product portfolio sections under the Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Mylan Institutional and Mylan Specialty names and provides an easy-to-navigate, alphabetized reference source for many health care providers working in one space. The app offers all of the convenience of the printed edition on a mobile device, including content that is updated to keep the dataset current, a smart search function, easy navigation and interactive clinical support tools.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV