The reduced activity levels, continued significant cost overruns on primarily six projects, four of which were from the same office, and excess administrative overhead costs have resulted in continuing losses for the division. Management has been replaced in several of the Division's offices, and the Division is focused on completing projects as expeditiously as possible while reducing overhead. Headcount in the division has been reduced by 15% from last year.
The backlog in the Heavy Civil Division was $309.4 million as of July 31, 2012, compared to $297.4 million as of April 30, 2012, and $244.6 million as of July 31, 2011.
|Geoconstruction Division||Three Months||Six Months|
|Ended July 31,||Ended July 31,|
|Revenues||$ 35,187||$ 23,290||$ 59,392||$ 43,114|
|Income before remeasurement of equity investment||4,908||4,477||7,089||4,906|
|Loss on remeasurement of equity investment||(7,705)||--||(7,705)||--|
|Income (loss) before income taxes||(2,797)||4,477||(616)||4,906|
|Equity in earnings of affiliate, included in above earnings||1,556||799||3,488||925|
On May 30, 2012, the Division acquired the remaining 50% of Diberil Sociedad Anonima, ("Diberil") a Uruguayan company and parent company to Costa Fortuna (Brazil and Uruguay). The results of Diberil are reported on a consolidated basis from that date, rather than on an equity basis as had been done previously. This resulted in revenue of $5.1 million being recorded in Q2 FY2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV