The financial side is pretty simple, keep your debt down and keep your cash healthy, low leverage, high liquidity and that really helps from a financial strategy standpoint. We also think in today’s world, it’s important to have a price management strategy or hedging strategy. Ours this is generally implied to use the floors or participating callers, but with our improving production base on shore particularly in the Eagle Ford shale, with the volatility and prices particularly in the gas market, we think its going to be important to implement the use of long term slot as well as in that priceless management strategy.
Moving to the operating side of the business, I mentioned that we have three core areas, South Texas being both the oldest and the largest one. It’s where the bulk of our activity is. We are spending 70% and 80% of our capital budget down there. Central Louisiana and East Texas principally focused on the Austin Chalk, principally through a joint venture with Anadarko. And then South Louisiana, where we have a couple of very old fields discover in the 30s and the 40s, but they are incredibly prolific, continue to be big producers and predominantly crude oil selling into the HLS market down there.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV