- European joint venture finalized and first order announced
- POSCO Energy 120 MW order and cell licensing agreements moving to closure
- Connecticut Award and Project Developments
DANBURY, Conn., Sept. 5, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FuelCell Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq:FCEL), a global leader in the design, manufacture and service of ultra-clean, efficient and reliable fuel cell power plants, today reported results for its third quarter ended July 31, 2012 along with an update on its key business highlights.
Third quarter 2012FuelCell Energy (the Company) reported total revenues for the third quarter of 2012 of $29.7 million compared to $31.2 million in the same period last year. Product sales and revenues in the third quarter were $27.6 million compared to $29.4 million in the prior year quarter, as revenue in the current quarter consisted primarily of fuel cell kits whereas revenue from the third quarter of 2011 included a mix of both complete power plants and fuel cell kits. The Company made adjustments to reduce production levels in mid-April 2012 to align with contractual delivery dates and increased production to prior levels in early-July 2012 to meet the accelerated delivery schedule of the POSCO Energy 70 megawatt order. Third quarter product revenue included $17.8 million of fuel cell kits and power plants, $3.2 million of power plant component sales and installation services, and $6.6 million derived from service and power purchase agreements. Product sales and service backlog totaled $158.2 million as of July 31, 2012 compared to $230.6 million as of July 31, 2011. Product sales backlog was $75.7 million and $152.9 million as of July 31, 2012 and 2011, respectively. Service agreement backlog was $82.5 million and $77.7 million as of July 31, 2012 and 2011, respectively. Backlog does not include the 120 megawatt (MW) memorandum of agreement with POSCO Energy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV