As you can see, if you look at all the major averages, pretty reasonable if modest returns over the course of the past three years through the end of 2011, but on a total shareholder return basis, over the last three years, ending 2011, Wisconsin Energy delivered a little better than an 83% total return.
Five years? Similar story. Even smaller returns. Of course we went through the great recession in that five-year period. So even smaller returns on the major indices. And just under a 70% total shareholder return for Wisconsin Energy.
Seven years? Very strong differential, with Wisconsin Energy returning 150% in total shareholder return over the past seven years. And then just in case you wanted to see the 10-year numbers, a 308% total shareholder return.
So, a reasonably solid track record of performance. Some of that track record of performance is due to the fact that we have improved the reliability of our service in our region. As many of you know, there’s a virtual cycle of customer satisfaction in a regulated industry and shareholder returns over time. And I’m really proud to be able to tell you that last year, for the seventh time in the past 10 years, our company was named the most reliable utility in the Midwest.Our customer satisfaction numbers have had a dramatic upward improvement over the course of the past decade. In fact, in the second quarter of this year we achieved the highest customer satisfaction in the history of the company since we began measuring decades ago. Just to put the numbers in perspective, 88% in the second quarter of this year, 88.9% of our customers said they were very satisfied with the transaction. That’s any interaction they’ve had with the company. And almost 80% of our customers said that they were very satisfied with the company itself. Those are top quartile numbers, no matter how you cut it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV