Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Analyzing the Unexpected
Turning to the company's dividend and history of special dividends, Jennings said that what's most important is the company's commitment to a sustainable yield. He said shareholders don't care whether that's via special dividends or regular ones. HollyFrontier yields 6.5%, far higher than the 2.5% industry average.
Finally, when asked about how U.S. natural gas factors into the equation, Jennings said the U.S. is already exporting one million barrels a day of refined oil products and natural gas is already providing the U.S with cheaper electricity than the rest of the world, adding to our economic advantage.
Cramer said he's been remiss in not recommending HollyFrontier sooner.
Am I Diversified?
In the "Am I Diversified" segment, Cramer spoke with callers and responded to tweets sent via Twitter to @JimCramer to see if investors' portfolios have what it takes for today's markets.The first portfolio includes: Plains All American Pipeline (PAA), Plum Creek Tmber (PCL), Annaly Capital (NLY), Abbott Labs (ABT) and ConEd (ED). Cramer said "wow" because this portfolio was perfectly diversified with a great yield to boot. The second portfolio's top holdings includes: Frontier Communications (FTR), H&R Block (HRB), Sirius XM (SIRI), eBay (EBAY) and New York Community Bank (NYB). Cramer said this portfolio was also "totally diversified." The third portfolio has: Apple (AAPL), Weyerhaeuser (WY), Westport Innovations (WPRT), Wells Fargo (WFC) and VMWare (VMW) as its top five stocks. Cramer advised selling VMWare in favor of a drug stock like Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY). --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV