The Hartford has named Matthew Kirk senior vice president of Sales and Distribution for the company’s Commercial Markets division, reporting to Commercial Markets President Doug Elliot. The company has promoted Jay Rosenblum to succeed Kirk as senior vice president of Government Affairs, reporting to Alan Kreczko, executive vice president and general counsel for The Hartford.
“Matt’s in-depth knowledge of the issues facing the insurance industry and his experience managing key relationships make him well-suited to lead our Sales and Distribution organization as we work to grow the Commercial Markets business under The Hartford’s go-forward strategy,” said Elliot. “Matt understands the environment in which our distribution partners operate and knows what it takes for agents to be successful in the markets in which they do business.”
Kirk joined The Hartford in 2006, most recently serving as senior vice president and director of Government Affairs. He led all governmental interactions for The Hartford during the global financial crisis and managed the company’s engagement with regulators and legislators on multiple industry issues. Prior to joining The Hartford, Kirk served in the White House as deputy assistant for legislative affairs to President George W. Bush. He succeeds Mike Concannon, who was appointed to lead The Hartford’s Group Benefits segment earlier this year.
“We are fortunate to have a deep bench of talent on our Government Affairs team. Matt has been on the forefront of navigating key issues for the company for the past six years and will excel in his new role,” Kreczko said. “Jay has a well-earned reputation, political acumen and a deep understanding of the company and the regulatory environment. Government affairs will play a critical role as The Hartford continues to execute on its strategic plan. Jay is well positioned to take on this important responsibility.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV