Carpenter Technology Corporation (NYSE:CRS) is participating in a multi-year program to qualify CUSTOM 465 ® stainless steel for landing gear components where ultra-high strength steel is used. This program has recently passed a key development milestone that will lead to the production of prototypes which are expected to undergo flight testing sometime in 2014. Joining Carpenter in this development program are Airbus, Messier-Bugatti-Dowty, and The Advanced Manufacturing Research Center (AMRC) of the University of Sheffield.
The program is supported by the Technology Strategy Board (TSB) of the British Government.
The development of a stainless steel landing gear solution eliminates the need for cadmium plating and the environmental issues associated with the plating process. Overall production costs would be reduced, time between service intervals would be increased, and the service life of the landing gear would be extended with the use of CUSTOM 465 ® stainless steel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV