The advanced capabilities of the Archer 500 include:
- Tighter precision and total measurement uncertainty (TMU) compared to the previous-generation Archer 300, delivering the strict specifications required for overlay control on leading-edge devices;
- Fast move-acquire-measurement (MAM) time and high throughput, allowing lithographers to take more measurements across the wafer for improved process characterization and control; and
- A new, multi-layer design for the overlay metrology target, offering an innovative approach for measuring numerous combinations of intra- and inter-layer overlay data from the same target image on multi-patterning layers.
Multiple orders have been received, including several repeat orders, for Archer 500 tools from leading logic and memory chip manufacturers. Systems have already been shipped for use in advanced development and production lines. Archer 500 models are designed to be matched among themselves and to previous-generation Archer 200 and Archer 300 systems, preserving the factory's baseline and enabling seamless, rapid production integration. The Archer 500 is part of KLA-Tencor's comprehensive overlay metrology solution, which also includes K-T Analyzer ™, an advanced overlay analysis system, and Recipe Database Manager (RDM), a centralized database of production-proven recipe components. To maintain high performance and productivity, the Archer 500 tools are backed by KLA-Tencor's global, comprehensive service network. For more information on KLA-Tencor's Archer overlay metrology systems, please visit the product web page at: http://www.kla-tencor.com/metrology/archer-series.html.
KLA-Tencor Corporation, a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, partners with customers around the world to develop state-of-the-art inspection and metrology technologies. These technologies serve the semiconductor, data storage, LED, photovoltaic, and other related nanoelectronics industries. With a portfolio of industry-standard products and a team of world-class engineers and scientists, the company has created superior solutions for its customers for more than 35 years. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., KLA-Tencor has dedicated customer operations and service centers around the world. Additional information may be found at www.kla-tencor.com (KLAC-P).Forward Looking Statements: Statements in this press release other than historical facts, such as statements regarding the Archer 500's expected performance, trends in the semiconductor industry and the anticipated challenges associated with them, expected uses of the Archer 500 by KLA-Tencor's customers, expected compatibility of the Archer 500 with other Archer tools, and the anticipated cost, operational and other benefits realizable by users of the Archer 500 tools, are forward-looking statements, and are subject to the Safe Harbor provisions created by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based on current information and expectations, and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from those projected in such statements due to various factors, including delays in the adoption of new technologies (whether due to cost or performance issues or otherwise), the introduction of competing products by other companies or unanticipated technological challenges or limitations that affect the implementation, performance or use of KLA-Tencor's products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV