AURORA, Ill., Sept. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- This morning, executives and associates at the Chicago Regional Office of Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. broke ground on a new, $4.9 million training center in Aurora. The facility is part of a campus-wide building project for Toyota's regional sales office, which is located on Sequoia Drive in Aurora.
The new training center will be approximately 15,000 square feet in size and house three classrooms and 12 high-tech service bays. It is scheduled for completion next summer. The center will be instrumental in training employees of the 112 dealerships in the region, as well as many of Toyota's 70 local associates. The Chicago Region encompasses sales and service operations in Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
"We're excited to be adding this vital training facility to our regional headquarters in Aurora," said Kevin Fletcher, General Manager of Toyota's Chicago Region. "It's a significant investment that will ultimately benefit our company's technical efforts as well as those of our dealer body."
Besides the training center, Toyota will also be investing an additional $1.9 million in renovations to the main office building on the automaker's 50-acre campus.About Toyota Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. is the marketing, sales, distribution and customer service arm of Toyota, Lexus and Scion. Established in 1957, TMS markets products and services through a network of nearly 1,500 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealers which sold more than 1.64 million vehicles in 2011. Toyota directly employs nearly 30,000 people in the U.S. and its investment here is currently valued at more than $18 billion. For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyota.com, www.lexus.com, www.scion.com or www.toyotanewsroom.com SOURCE Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV