Ventrus Biosciences (VTUS) is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of late-stage prescription drugs for gastrointestinal disorders, specifically hemorrhoids, anal fissures and fecal incontinence. This stock is trading up 5.3% to $4.01 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.77-$4.0452-Week Range: $3.46-$13.53 Volume: 72,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 303,604 Shares of VTUS are moving sharply higher today in front of its upcoming presentation at the Stifel Nicolaus 2012 Healthcare Conference today and at the UBS Global Life Sciences Conference on Sept. 20. >>5 Stocks Set to Soar on Bullish Earnings From a technical perspective, VTUS is starting to move back above its 50-day moving average of $3.85 here with light volume. This move is coming after VTUS gapped down huge in June from over $12 to below $5 with monster volume. Following that plunge, shares of VTUS went on to hit a low of $3.46, and then trended sideways between $3.55 and $4.14 for two months. Shares of VTUS are now quickly moving into range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once VTUS clears some near-term overhead resistance at $4.15 to $4.40 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in VTUS as long as its trending above its 50-day, and then once it sustains a move or close above $4.15 to $4.40 with volume that's near or above 303,604 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then VTUS will have a great chance of hitting $5 to $6 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV